American Legion Charities Inc
- Much good has come from the charities of the American Legion. American Legion Charities is a 501(c)(3), therefore, your contributions are tax deductible. You can read more on these charities on the National website. Here are some of those charities.
Veterans and Childrens Foundation
- This charity provides immediate support for military veterans and veteran parents, with children at home, who are facing unforseen financial hardships.
American Legion National Emergency Fund (NEF)
- NEF directs immediate cash grants to American Legion Family members and Legion posts whose lives have been turned upside-down dute to natural disasters, such as hurricanes, floods, etc. The grants are up to $3,000 for qualified Legion Family members and up to $10,000 for posts.
Child Welfare Foundation Inc (CWF)
- The foundation awards grants to nonprofit organizations nationwide that contribute to the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of children and youth.
Operation Comfort Warriors (OCW)
- Established in 2007 to provide relief for active-duty military personnel recovering from wounds and illnesses at VA health-care facilities and transition units, purchase and deliver items not normally provided by the federal government, such as art and sports therapy equipment, and provide recreational opportunities and entertainment for recovering warriors and their families.
The American Legion Legacy Scholarship Fund
- The Legacy Fund awards financial aid for youth whose parents have died on active duty since 9/11, or who have received VA disability rating of 50 percent or greater. Each of these scholarships provides up to $20,000 in aid for undergraduate or post-graduate college education.
If you wish to donate you can go to http://www.legion.org/donate you can also donate to American Legion Charities at Amazon.com if you are a customer. If you purchase at http://www.smile.amazon.com you can tell them which charity you want to donate to. Each purchase will generate a percentage of your purchase to that charity.